Monday, October 29, 2012

Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes

Being a stay-at-home mom does not mean my life it by any means easy to organize. Some days I don't even know what to cook for dinner after spending the day at the park or cleaning house or doing story time at the library or going to museums...I just sit there and stare into my fridge for hours it seems before something comes to me. I do try to plan our meals weekly...makes the grocery bill smaller...but sometimes it just gets away from me. So, back a few months our grocery store there was a really great deal on 2.5lb sausages, a buy one get one deal. I couldn't pass it up. So, I've had these sausages in the freezer and had used up the Pork roll sauteeing it with obrien potatoes and onions. What to do with the Beef though. Then I thought about my slow cooker and you now have Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes.











Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes

Ingredients:
1 lb Kielbasa or smoked sausage
4 Medium Potatoes (I used only 3)
1 Onion
2 cans of green beans (I used 1)













Directions:
1. Cut up sausage into bite sized pieces.
2. Cut up potato and onion into cubes and quarters.
3. Put all ingredients into slow-cooker and add water...just enough to cover the ingredients...I ended up using 3 cups.
4. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours














My boys both gobbled it up. We didn't need to add anything...although my oldest and I did dip the items into Ketchup. It was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a message. We like to hear from our fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...