Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Eggs

Okay...I have a gazillion eggs in my fridge...well, in reality I had 112 as of yesterday. So today I got up and made some banana bread, some eggs in the oven, and angel food cake.

Let's say, I've been seeing a pin going around Pinterest where you can bake the broken eggs and make Egg McMuffins. I decided to give it a try. I mean who wouldn't want something that you can throw together in minutes and that may actually taste good. I for one love how our farm fresh eggs taste over the store bought ones.

First, I cracked the eggs into a greased muffin tin
Then, since I don't care much for runny eggs and we are looking for easy and less messy here so I broke the egg yolks and sprinkled with pepper
I then baked them at 350F for 10-12 minutes (mine were done in 10)
They look great, but I felt that they were a little small for an English Muffin. I'd be getting a bite of bread like crazy before I got any egg. My friend did suggest squishing the egg over the English Muffin after it had been re-heated which would definitely work, but in all honesty...I had Jumbo Muffin tins and thought...why the heck not...so I made some more in the Jumbo tin and perfect. 
Here is the difference between a Jumbo tin and a Regular tin.
I have them frozen...take them out nook them in the microwave for a few seconds, toast an English Muffin, put the egg and some cheese on it and yummy. I like sausage so I picked up some Jimmy Dean Sausage and will make patties (the premade ones are to small and are the size of the regular muffin tin).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a message. We like to hear from our fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...