Just trying to find different flavors out there that my picky three and a half year old will eat and that is healthy. My one year old will pretty much eat anything you set in front of him...for example he downed one of these muffins in less than two minutes flat.
Sweet Potato Cranberry Muffins
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sweet potato, mashed and cooled
1/4 cup butter
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (I used dried since I had them on hand)
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
2. Mix together sweet potato, egg, milk, butter, and cranberries.
3. Stir all ingredients together until moist.
4. Fill greased muffin cups and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
5. Bake at 375F for 18-22 minutes
** I mashed a whole Sweet Potato and got about 1 1/2 cups of mashed potato. Going to freeze these in half cup portions so I can make these again another time and not need to run out and buy a sweet potato.