Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Homemade Banana Chips

I LOVE banana chips. I mean really LOVE them. I could sit with a huge bag and eat them all gone in one sitting. I wish they sold them in big potato chip size bags. I am thinking I may need to get a dehydrator for my anniversary this year. I love to make banana chips, pineapple rings, apple slices...oh the things I could make that would be great snacks for everyone.


Banana Chips


Ingredients:
Ripe Bananas (you choose how many you want to make...I used four that I had sitting around)
Some Lemon Juice
Oil

Directions:
1. Grease a cookie sheet with the oil...I greased parchment paper with coconut oil...the bananas need the oil to get crispy.
2. Cut the banana into slices...you'll want them thicker like 1/4" so that you still have some after they've been cooked down (dehydrated)









3. Put the slices into the lemon juice to coat and then onto the cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 2-3 hours at 200F until they are nice and golden brown...let them cool at room temperature...this will harden them, since they are still soft and sticky when they come out.

I found this recipe on Pinterest here. So far, they are just okay. I think they are missing something, but my 1yr ate them and thought they were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a message. We like to hear from our fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...