Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Life of A Housewife

This comic strip is just how life is for a housewife. I pick up the same things day after day, do the laundry, make dinner, clean the kitchen, the bathrooms, the bedrooms, the living area, and so on. The job of a housewife and mother are never done. We don't get the luxury of sitting down at the end of the day and having that uninterrupted glass of wine and good book to just relax the job of the day away. At the end of my day after putting the youngest into his bed and making sure all the little toys of the oldest did in fact get picked up so that when the youngest wakes up in the middle of the night I'm not killing myself by stepping on some little car with pokey little parts to it, I make coffee for the morning and then finally drag myself to bed with my husband and oldest child (a predicament I hope to remedy before he turns three).

I laugh at the people that comment "I would love to stay home and lay around in my pajamas and watch TV all day". SERIOUSLY?!?!? Is that what people think I do all day? I am up for the day at 6am sharp because that is as long as my oldest will sleep. This is after crawling into bed at 3am from feeding the baby who woke up at 1:30am. We start the day with diaper changes, breakfast, wrangling the child to get him dressed, getting the baby dressed, fed, and sitting quietly on his Papasan for 15mins so I can shower and dress myself (you never know if someone might come visit you that day). We watch our allotted morning cartoons (Sesame Street, The Cat in the Hat, and Super Why!) then it's reading time, lunch, if I'm lucky that day I can get them both down for a nap at the same time so I can do a quick pick-up before the afternoon's toys get scattered all over and read at least a chapter in my book. At 5pm I start making dinner, Daddy comes home and feeds the animals, takes the oldest outside to play for a little bit, which ends up with him screaming because he has to be carried back inside when the sun goes down and it's dark outside, because he still wants to play outside. We all have dinner or try to have it all together. I bath both boys, hopefully at the same time to save water and time, get them dressed for bed. Send the oldest to Daddy for a book to be read at bedtime and I go to feed the youngest and get him to bed. By the time that is done...both Daddy and the oldest are snoring in our bed and I am left thinking...where is my adult time. Oh well, I shut the lights off at 9:30pm and crawl into bed and wait for the day to start over. Such is the life of a stay at home mom. Mind you this is all a day where we don't even leave the house...imagine a day with grocery shopping or doctor's appointments involved....SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a message. We like to hear from our fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...