Friday, June 28, 2013

Becoming a Working Mom

While being a stay-at-home mom was still work...I have now ventured out to work outside of the home. I have just finished my third week of working and while I enjoy it I still miss my boys dearly. One joyful aspect is hearing them tell me about what they did that day...the slip-n-slide, the story time, the different stations, what they ate, which usually ends up being a tale from Joshua about another PB&J sandwich, which I know isn't the case.

I love the drawings and paintings that get brought home from school. It is amazing to get something from them that you weren't involved in creating. Joshua loves to surprise me with little rocks. He empties at least a dozen out of his pocked each night for me. I think I may make a coaster out of them to put my tea pot onto. Speaking of tea pot...I should bring one to work so I can drink my loose leaf tea in the morning.

My days are so much more relaxing...in a different way. I don't have to leave the house until almost seven in the morning so I have time to do some dishes and light pick up before getting the boys ready to go. I'm usually back home around five fourty-five in the evening. I make up dinner and then it's bath time for the boys and then story time or play time with their little toys in the playroom, but it's all about settle down, calm down, quiet time at the end of the day. They are adjusting so well. I love that I can sit down and spend quality time with them as opposed to the quantity of time I spend with them, which was starting to be a big factor for me. I spent a great deal of time with them, but had started to feel like the quality of it was lacking. I ran out of things to keep them entertained for hours on end. Now I can spend quality time coloring with them, reading their bible stories after bath time and just plain old talking time since I can just devote time to them alone.

Although, last week I needed to stay home with them a couple of days because Joshua was sick and realized that being a stay at home mom is by far harder than going to work all day from my experiences of having done both now. This may not be the case for some moms, but it has been in my little family. While I am still the sole housekeeper and food cooker I have found a way to do it all and work that isn't stressful for me or anyone else in the family.

Well, there is an update of what is going on at The Roman Household.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a message. We like to hear from our fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...