Friday, December 21, 2012

Chicken Taco Chili

I tend to make most dishes using chicken as you may have noticed. I think besides chicken being an inexpensive meat to feed my family of four on a budget, we want to eventually have enough chickens here on the farm to eat, breed, and produce eggs for baking and eating. So, when I came across this dish, I knew I had to try it out. The blog it's from i no longer active so I can't link back to it for you.

I did adapt it by cutting the seasoning in half and adding an onion. It was really good and a keeper for sure. It  is a chili, but if you use a slotted spoon you could easily adapt it into taco fillings.

      Chicken Taco Chili

Ingredients:
1 can black beans (I make mine from dry and have them frozen in the freezer...2 cups)
1 can kidney beans (I make mine from dry and have them frozen in the freezer...2 cups)
1 can corn
16oz tomato sauce
28oz diced tomatoes
1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1 onion
5 chicken breasts (3 of mine were small and 2 were large)

Directions:
1. Spray your crockpot with cooking spray (believe me...it will make clean up a breeze)
2. Place chicken breasts in pot (I use frozen ones)
3. Cover with beans, corn, seasoning, onion, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5. Remove the chicken and shred...return to pot and serve.
This is addicting in such a way that I have eaten leftovers of it for three days in a row and could still eat more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a message. We like to hear from our fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...