These are the most fluffy cookies. They look so yummy even without the frosting on them.
Frosted Pineapple Cookies
2/3 cup butter
1 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar (1 1/4 cup for high altitude)
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, well drained, reserve liquid
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour (3 cups for high altitude)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup nuts (omitted due to possible allergy in my son)
1. Lightly grease cookie sheets (or use parchment paper like I did).
2. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add pineapple, vanilla, and eggs...mix well.
4. Mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder together and add to wet ingredients.
5. Add nuts and mix together.
6. Drop two inches apart on cookie sheet by the spoonful.
7. Bake for 8-12 minutes at 350F
2 cups powdered sugar
6 Tbsp butter
3-4 Tbsp pineapple liquid
1. Pour powdered sugar in a bowl.
2. Heat butter over medium heat, until golden brown. Stir frequently...don't burn it.
3. Pour into sugar and stir, adding enough pineapple liquid for desired consistency.
4. Frost the cooled cookies
I love that in the middle of the back of the card she has written..."Cool and store or better yet eat 'em. Love you! Granma"...all surrounded by little smiley faces.