Thursday, March 22, 2012

Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo

Photobucket
This is kind of late and only because I thought we would hit the Austin Rodeo this year, but no such luck. Our usual day to go was rainy, cold, and just plain miserable. It ends this Saturday and I know we won't make it out to see all the animals and go to the Carnival so thought I would tell you about the Cowboy Breakfast that I took the boys to. 
Every year, the Friday before Rodeo opens up to the public, they have a huge breakfast down at Auditorium Shores. I've always wanted to go, but I either had to work, had a new baby, or the weather was just horrible...this year's was great despite being overcast. We will be doing this again in the years to come for sure.
The boys
Photobucket
Photobucket
Pioneer Flour Mill's Tent (used to work for them)
Photobucket
Making Biscuits
Photobucket
Biscuits are cooked in a Dutch Oven
Photobucket
Coffee (I make it this way when camping)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a message. We like to hear from our fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...