Monday, March 26, 2012

Mini Meatloafs (Batch Cooking)

I love meatloaf...the food...not the singer. I love that you can't go wrong with a loaf of meat, a side of mashed potatoes and green beans. The only thing is that the usual loaf in a bread pan takes an hour to cook and has to be eaten up or else it goes bad. I've been wanting to cook meals that can be frozen, defrosted, tossed in the microwave, and eaten. There is a Pin going around Pinterest of cooking the meatloaf in muffin tins and I thought, "What a brilliant idea for cooking and freezing!!!"

Meatloaf

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef - I use 1 lb beef, 1 lb turkey
2 eggs
1 box stuffing mix - with seasoning (best is Turkey, but Chicken works too)
3/4 cup BBQ Sauce - I make my own, but Bullseye is the best
1/2 cup warm water
1 pkg onion soup mix

Directions:
1. Mix all the ingredients into a large bowl
 
2. Place small portions into muffin tins
3. Bake for 18 minutes at 375 degrees
4. Take out of tins and serve. 

I froze 6 cups to a bag for later use, which made four fast meals in our house.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a message. We like to hear from our fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...