Thursday, December 22, 2011

No Hair Washing or Face Cleaning

Okay...sounds really disgusting doesn't it. Well, lately I've HATED my hair and would happily shave my head and wear wigs at this point. I usually pull it up into a bun or braid it back because I just can't seem to get it to do what I want it to. I ran across the blog, Simple Mom, whose author does not use shampoo. In fact, she uses a combination of baking soda/water and apple cider vinegar/water. I figure what could it do to hurt. So, starting January 1st I will take the plunge and give it a try. I will take some before pictures (1/1/12) and after pictures (2/1/12) to show the difference.
Not only does Tsh use this method for her hair, she also has a face cleaning one that uses oil to clean the face. I found it here and am willing to give it a try as well. I mean natural products can't be any more harmful that our chemical man made kinds, right? Again, I will start this on January 1st and see what kind of difference we get in a month.

2 comments:

  1. That is fantastic! I haven't used shampoo in a really long time and my hair has never been better. I use an oil combo and if you don't want to fuss making your own try Dr. Bronners Magic Soaps. Just use a really good conditioner but one with out all the chemicals and sulfates and alcohol.
    Try to stay away from mineral oil it is a by product of gasoline and in most lotions and moisturizers, so go for natural mineral oil free, paraben free lotion.
    For oily skin sometimes i do egg white mixed with half of a lemon juiced.
    Then i use the egg yolk for my hair because it has lots of protein and vitamins in it.
    For healthy skin, take a good quality omega-3 capsule, and incorporate probiotics into diet. Either 2TBS barrel cured sauerkraut , cultured coconut milk or yogurt. Make sure it has live active cultures. just active cultures isn't enough. Supplement it if need be. If allergic to milk try soy yogurt. if allergic to fish try flaxseed oil.
    Silica and Sulfur are really good for hair and nails and skin. Broccoli, kale, onions, garlic and tons of other food have it in them.
    Ok!! I look forward to seeing your picture results....^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of oil combo do you use for your hair?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving us a message. We like to hear from our fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...