I ran across this recipe that combined chicken with peaches and thought...we have to try this. We are a family that likes chicken and peaches, I mean we have a peach tree and a coop full of chickens so obviously this was a great choice. I also had to think about my picky toddler...he liked it and ate nearly his whole bowl full of food.
Peachy Keen Chicken
3 chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 425F. Add butter, honey, salt, pepper and ginger to your baking dish.
2. Heat the whole dish up until the butter is melted and the mixture is heated. I stuck mine in the oven for a couple minutes while it was pre-heating and then stirred everything up.
3. Add the chicken breasts to the butter mixture...turn them around so that they are well coated. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Take the chicken out of the oven, add the peaches and sprinkle with brown sugar.
5. Reduce the oven temp to 350F and put the chicken back into the oven for another 10 minutes or until the breasts are completely cooked through.
6. You can leave them whole or shred them like I did...trying to stretch the meal to another day.
7. Serve it over rice with a side of vegetables (broccoli or green beans).