Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What's Cooking Wednesday - Easy Shepherd's Pie



I've never cooked a shepherd's pie before so this was a first and I'm glad I was able to try it out. It was delicious. This recipe is definitely a keeper in my recipe collection.

Easy Shepherd's Pie

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
2 cups hot mashed potatoes
4 oz cream cheese, cubed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup beef gravy 

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Brown meat in a large skillet. Drain.
2. Mix potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and garlic until well blended.

3. Stir vegetables and gravy into meat. Spoon into 2.5 quart baking dish
4. Cover with potato mixture.

5. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese. 

6. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
7. Dish up warm and enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I found you on Picket Fence and really like what you are doing here. You'd be my best friend if you would link to me in your Blogs to Follow section...

    KID BOOK RATINGS

    Once you do, leave a comment on my site and I'll be sure to return the favor:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great recipe.
    New follower from What's cooking Wednesday.
    Hope you follow back.
    http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving us a message. We like to hear from our fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...