Here is a new recipe we tried out tonight for dinner. The chicken meat turned out so tender and juicy it was delicious. We will be keeping this recipe and plan to try it out on the grill. We think that would add an added crispiness to it.
Maple and Cayenne Glazed Chicken
2 (3-pound) chickens, wing tips, spine, and breast plate removed, cut in half - I used thigh cuts for our dish.
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup Real Maple Syrup
2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1. Wash the chicken and place on a plate with paper towels.
3. Make a small hole in the extra skin on the chicken legs and poke the end of the drumsticks through to form a perfect package.
4. Toss the chicken generously with olive oil and salt.
5. Arrange chicken on a sheet tray or a baking dish lined with parchment or a silicone mat.
6. Roast the chicken until they are about three-quarters of the way done, 20-25 minutes (we cooked ours for 35 minutes). The skin should start to brown and crisp.
7. While the chickens are roasting, combine the maple syrup and cayenne in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until syrup is reduced by half to three-quarters, or until the syrup is very thick and syrupy.
8. After the chickens have roasted, brush each piece of chicken generously with the reduced syrup.
9. Continue to roast for another 10-12 minutes, brushing the skin 1-2 more times while cooking. The skin should sart to become very dark and sticky.
11. They will have a sweet and spicy taste.