Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Be Happy Where You Are...

I heard a song on the radio the other day...it's an older song...but it made me sit back and look at my life and everything that I have. We spend so much time looking at other people and what they have, huge house, brand new car, new clothes, vacations, dinners out, toys for their kids, boat, etc. and we start to forget what we have. I do it all the time. I see others going on vacations or having the latest gadget/boat/car and I want the same thing. Then I sit back and take stock...they are probably living off credit cards, in debt up to their eyeballs, barely able to make it each month just to have these things. Right now, we don't have much to show for anything. We have a small manufactured home, older cars, a nice piece of land, and two beautiful children and yes...we barely make it each month, but because every extra penny goes to paying our debts. In a couple more years we will be out of debt and able to go on vacations. You see, I can go on vacation now, but the entire time I worry about what we spend our money on..."Will we be able to make the car/mortgage/land payment if we buy this item?"..."Can we afford gas in the cars when we get back?"...then I start to not enjoy our vacation. So, we have opted to do without vacations, a whole lot of eating out, or having the latest outfit/gadget to make sure our bills are paid off in a reasonable amount of time...then my family and Raul's better watch out...we will be traveling like crazy.

We just need to be happy where we are right now. Raul often mentions that he can't wait until the boys are eight and ten and can go fishing with him. I tell him, that we'll be there before we know it, but for the time being we have to enjoy our almost four and two year old boys where they are right now. We can't go back in time when they are older and relive these days so we need to enjoy them. Lucky for us we have boys that would feel like they went to Disneyland every day if we just take them to the park.

Listen to the song and read the lyrics...think about your life and forget about others around you. Be happy with what you have not what someone else has...we all can't keep up with the "Jones'".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a message. We like to hear from our fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...