Joshua helped me to roll out the biscuit dough
Baking Powder Biscuits
2 cups sifted flour
2 tsp. baking powder
4 tablespoons butter or shortening
1/2 tsp. salt
about 3/4 cup milk
1. Sift flour once, measure, add baking powder and salt, and sift again.
2. Cut in shortening or butter.
3. Add milk gradually, stirring until soft dough is formed.
4. Turn out on slightly floured board and lightly "knead" for 30 seconds, enough to shape.
5. Roll 1/2 inch thick and cut with 2 inch floured biscuit cutter.
6. Bake on ungreased sheet in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
Makes 12 biscuits.
Joshua eating his biscuit with jelly
With all the jellies lined up in front of him