So, Joshua asked for muffins the other day for breakfast. I didn't have any on hand and refuse to buy the store bought kind because they are packed full of sugar and who knows what else. I mean...they don't mold for weeks...what does that tell you? Whereas homemade mold within days of making them. Besides, I'm really trying to start making more homemade items for my family to eat and everything tastes so much better.
Strawberry Banana Muffins
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large ripe bananas
1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into small pieces
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease the muffin pans or add paper liners
2. In a small saucepan melt the butter...let it cool to room temperature.
3. In a bowl whisk the eggs, banana, and vanilla...add the melted butter and mix together.
4. In another bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
5. Fold in the cut up strawberries to the dry ingredients...make sure they are coated...this will keep the berries from sinking in your muffins.
6. Combine the wet and dry ingredients...don't over mix.
7. Divide the mix evenly into the muffin tins and bake for 20-25mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Eat and Enjoy!!!