I finally did it. I made my first loaves of pumpkin bread and it was all made from scratch. Last year, we bought a pumpkin and cooked it up, pureed it, made some pies (recipe here), and had left over puree that I froze. So, here is the recipe I did.
3 cups flour
1 cup oil
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground cloves
2/3 cup water
2 cups pumpkin puree
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour pans...I use the Pam for Baking.
2. Mix sugar and oil in bowl. Add eggs and mix well, set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. Add to sugar mixture.
4. Add water and mix well
5. Add pumpkin puree and mix well
6. Spoon batter into pans and cook for 55-60 minutes or until a butter knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Slice and enjoy.