This is a really easy recipe and definitely a go-to recipe for this house. I have been trying to get us to try at least one new recipe a week to see if it is a keeper or a tosser. I have a file on my computer full of recipes that I have clipped from magazines, received from friends, etc. and most we've never tried. This one was great and next time will do a couple of tweaks to make it more child friendly.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Pepper Chicken Stew
- 1 lb chicken breasts, raw, diced (I used whole frozen and they were perfect shredded)
- 4 medium carrots, one-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth (I used just plain water)
- 2 TBSP fresh ginger, minced (I used 1 TBSP of ginger spice)
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 14 oz pineapple chunks in juice, juice drained and saved (I would use crushed pineapple next time)
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into one-inch pieces
- 2 oz snow peas
- Mix all ingredients except pineapple, cornstarch, snow peas and bell pepper in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 4 hours) or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Mix reserved pineapple juice and cornstarch until smooth; gradually stir into chicken mixture.
- Stir in pineapple, snow peas and bell pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve over rice.