Thursday, September 26, 2013

Paper Plate and Rock Turtles

Sunday night I set the boys up at the kitchen table and we painted some turtles. It all started with a huge ziploc baggie I have full of little pea rocks that Joshua has brought home from school in his pockets for me. They are his little treasures, his little gifts to mommy, something that makes me nearly cry when he gives them to me, because I know that during the day he is thinking about me.
We took two little paper plates and painted them brown/tan. then I put a bunch of glue on them and the boys picked out rocks and put them onto the glue. I then took some green paper and cut out heads, legs, and tails. The boys had a blast. It was fun to watch them with their crafts.
Getting their turtle shells painted
Joshua painting away
Matthew painting away
 
Putting on the rocks
 
Matthew with his finished turtle
 
Joshua with his finished turtle
The turtles
This was one of the easiest projects and they enjoyed every minute of it. I loved that I didn't have to do a whole lot of direction. I think what helped was putting paper down on the table...a bit less stress about where the paint was going to end up. Notice they started with shirts...I had them stop and take them off...didn't want to get paint on their nice school shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a message. We like to hear from our fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...